Friday, August 2, 2013

Local Recipes


Local recipes are a blast to try out! While gathering information about the cookbook I am writing for LFF, I have had an amazing time contacting the farmers and hearing their stories. Another awesome aspect of this is learning how to use produce in ways I never thought I would. I have tried out a recipe for zucchini cookies!!  They are so unique and different not to mention delicious. I have also tried out a recipe for Garlic Scape Hummus, it was tangy and wonderfully tingly on my taste buds. I have also been talking to Ela Family Farms who has a signature apple sauce recipe that sells in WholeFoods! These are just some examples of the wonderful recipes I have tried out and the great people I have been talking to. Using local food to create recipes is a unique and new thing for me. I love to cook but never thought to think outside the box! There will be a new section on the LFF website in the coming months about all of the recipes I have found. This will help our customers order more produce and give them new fresh ideas on how to use the signature items of the farm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment