Tuesday, February 20, 2018

The Annual Red Lady Salvation Ball Event!

    This past week was all about the last few preparations for the Ball. I spent the majority of my nights this week creating information sheets about each silent auction prize as well as a bid sheet to accompany them. This was a lot of going back and forth between emails and word documents, finding pictures off of websites, creating descriptions for each prize, and making sure I was listing all of the monetary values correctly. In the end they turned out awesome! A lot of people were pumped about the silent auction prizes, so I'm glad all my help with solicitations was worth it!
    Saturday was the day of the Ball. I met with my internship supervisor, Mel, in the morning to go over the detail of the event later that day. This would help me know what to do and allow me to help other volunteers know what to do too. We then loaded all of the decorations, signs, tables, and such into the car and headed over. Decorating went smoothly. We had 5 people total helping to decorate the entire interior and doorway of The Eldo. Although I originally thought that 5 people was going to be too little of an amount, decorating went smoothly. We covered the inside and the doorway with every red material we had; we even swapped out the white light bulbs for red!
    I was set at the door checking the ticket list, selling tickets, and putting on wristbands. I had no idea how crazy people would dress up for this event! Old prom dresses, red costumes like morph-suits or long suits and top hats, masks, makeup, you name it! The guests attending went all out! Eventually I went to the raffle table and sold raffle tickets and band merchandise. For the rest of the evening I went back and forth between those two stations, helping out where ever I could.
    Although I haven't heard the final total on how many guests attended or what the final total of money raised was, it looked like a good turnout. We didn't come as close to selling out as we wanted, but the silent auction and the raffle sales seemed to go really well! In the end, learning all about setting up a fundraising event that was more than just a regular fundraising event has been a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment