Sunday, February 25, 2018

New and Exciting Things Ahead

    Now that the biggest event of my semester and of HCCA's year is over, I can focus on what I've been most excited for during this internship: working on outreach material for HCCA's newsletters, website, emails, and action alerts and connecting Western with HCCA. Although I'm not working on any current projects, I'll let you all know what is in the works for the near future. First, I have a list of prompts from the outreach director to be used to write small blips of information to get our members and beyond pumped about local conservation, protection, and politics. This includes tactics on how to get involved, information to teach our community something new, or just inspiring words to get our members and beyond into action. Second, I have a service learning project for my ENVS 350 course this semester. I want to do something related with local politics as we are engaging the ENVS 100 students in this project and I think it would be a great idea to expose them to local politics firsthand. The outreach director suggested planning and hosting a watershed management planning meeting as this is something that HCCA has in the works for this upcoming year too. Third, I am tasked with finding ways to connect HCCA with Western students in any way I can come up with. At this point I've only thought of tabling at events or combining efforts with existing organizations and groups on campus to put on events or support causes.
    There are lot's of great things coming up for the rest of the semester. I'm definitely excited to see what I can accomplish. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment