Sunday, February 11, 2018

Final Red Lady Salvation Ball Week!

    It's the week of the Ball! That means closing up on all things donations and starting prep for the event itself. I learned a lot from soliciting donations, but it's definitely not something I would want to do all day. My tasks this past week and this upcoming week have been/are writing thank you's to all of our awesome community businesses or members who donated to the silent auction and raffle, creating info sheets for the prizes, and creating bidding sheets for the silent auction.
    It has been fun to go through this process and gain the experience of how this all works. I remember riding around in the car with my mom while she solicited donations for our boy scout troop in the town where I'm from. Seeing this process and going through this process are definitely two completely different things. As I see myself paying more attention to what jobs I want in the future, I believe that any experience I can gain from any type of organization, business, group, etc. is beneficial. I will be able to apply these experiences to different situations I am faced with in the future. As far as soliciting donations goes, I know that if put in this same position again I'll know exactly what to do.
    As always, the Red Lady Salvation Ball is THIS SATURDAY, February 17th, starting at 7:30pm at the Eldo in Crested Butte. Tickets are being sold all week. You know you want to put on your favorite red clothes, hang out with some fun community members, win or bid on some awesome prizes, jam out to the funk of The Pimps of Joytime, and especially help support your local HCCA working to keep Red Lady mine free!

No comments:

Post a Comment