Wednesday, July 11, 2018

When the Black Forest Fire started it was on the hottest day in June that was on record and it was the same when Waldo Canyon fire started. I found this in my research when I was looking for my sources. I went on the weather channel website and found a link that can take you back to the days and years the fires started.  When I found the day and the year on the weather channel website gave me the temperatures and the temperatures were in the high 90s when both fires started. This summer has been worst with Colorado being in drought. Before 2012 and 2013 were the worst summers for drought and fires and 2018 is following in the same pattern and when Colorado had the Hayman fire Colorado was in the same conditions. My next steps in my independent study are to upload pictures of Waldo Canyon of the fire and Black Forest fire to my computer and then put them on my blog. People can see a visual of both fires. In doing my research I have found that if we don’t receive an average amount of snowfall or above average snowfall. Then we are hoping for big snowstorms come March and April and for a lot of rain. The snowfall can really hurt Colorado especially if we don’t receive enough moisture. 
When Colorado does have big fires we are pulling a ton of resources from all over the state to help get containment of the fire. Once when a fire is burning for a while usually it will start to rain, but then lighting, becomes a factor, because the lighting could start another wildfire. Ever since the two big fires and this summer with more fires. People are starting to pay more attention to red flag days and knowing that our fire danger is really high and then some other people may not care about red flag days. My next steps are to interview four people and finish my annotated bib, post pictures and start writing my paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment