Tuesday, April 10, 2018

WMP Event Planning

    Event planning is off and running! The room is booked, the final details are being worked out, and volunteers are being recruited. I have recruited students from one ENVS class so far and am onto another this afternoon to do the same. I have given group one tasks of emailing clubs on campus, creating posters, submitting PSAs to newsletters and radio stations, and creating a food list to purchase for the event. Each student only has one small task out of these and will give them experience setting up/advertising for an event. Group two will be tasked with distributing posters and flyers around campus and around the community and emailing any of the remaining groups on the list.
    This biggest piece I've been trying to figure out is how to structure the actual event itself. Is a panel the best way to go? What about just presentations? Should we go over the long survey that's available to the public? I want this to not only be an informational event, but an entertaining event as well. I want this to not only be a learning event but an engaging one. Under what event format will I be able to achieve both of these? This is what I'll be working on this week the most.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment