Saturday, January 27, 2018

Donation Solicitation Round #2

     Preparations for the Red Lady Salvation Ball are still underway. This week was the second of 3 weeks of soliciting donations from Gunnison and Crested Butte. Last week I hit Gunnison and this week I hit Crested Butte.I have also been emailing resorts/inns outside of our valley as well. This coming week is the week to follow up on any businesses I haven't heard from yet. I honestly didn't know how much I was going to have to keep track of during this process.
    I got a lot of good initial response this past week in Crested Butte as I did in Gunnison the week before, but haven't been getting any many final responses. I can officially say that three businesses have officially said they would donate. As great as that is, this upcoming week is the last week to officially commit to donating. I'm getting a little nervous my list of donation will remain short. Now I know the people handling the forms I dropped off own businesses and have busy lives, I'm not putting them down for that at all, I'm just excited to see what my work around our valley can bring in for HCCA during the Ball's silent auction and raffle.
    As this week finishes up, I'm preparing for the followups, phone calls, and emails I will have to send this upcoming week in order to finalize the donation list for the event in time. I am excited to see my work pay off and to see this community come together around saving the places in this valley that we love!
    Don't forget, The Red Lady Salvation Ball is on February 17th @ 7:30pm in The Eldo in Crested Butte! Wear your favorite casual or dressy red attire, come enjoy beverages and h'orderves, listen to some great music, and spend some time with your fellow valley goers to help keep Red Lady free!

No comments:

Post a Comment